Sunday 5 October 2014

Curly Girl


Hey Guys, 

Its a Sunday and its been a hard week but I am in need to blog about a tool I have had for some time, but not made proper use of. You may remember my post about the Remington Pearl Straighteners, they were bought on a budget and worked amazingly well. I then went on to buy the curling want from the same range. 

The wand I chose is the Remington Pearl C195 Curling Wand. I tested the wand on my sister prior to making use of it during bookings, mainly for curly hair up do’s. Yesterday for the first time I used it to curl a full head of hair... my own! 

I have not had my hair fully curled in possibly 2 years, I don’t feel the curly look suits me much, and I get worried I will end up looking like a poodle! Testing the curls before going to an event was risky business, but luckily for me it worked in my favour, the results were A-MAZING.





I am not a fan of tight ringlet curls, so I sectioned my hair and used large sections at a time and wrapped them around the tong. I did not hold my hair for longer than five seconds each time, this gave me a really nice vintage type curl/wave.  The whole process probably took me fifteen minutes, which is good for those who are impatient like me!

Today is the next moring, and the curls are still in place, I would possibly need to add a bit of product for maintenance. 

I love my straighteners to style, but if you want something a little different to add that “wow” factor this wand is the way to go. The best part... the price (well I am Gujrati)... £18 (note prices may have changed since my order) from Amazon. What.A.Bargain.





So the pro’s of this product are:
  • Price
  • Ease of Use
  • Professional finish
  • Comes with a heat protector and glove

For me the cons were: 
  • It gets very hot, so you need to be careful to prevent burning yourself or the wire

All in all, a great product and practice makes perfect. I can’t wait to use this again to create even more styles. 

Do you have a hair tool or product that exceeded expectations? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment