Sunday 7 June 2015

Work It!

Happy Sunday Girls, 

As the weekend come to an end, what better way than to prepare you for a week ahead at work?

I know work might not be something we all love thinking about, but what can be worse than going into work looking rough to find out you have an unexpected meeting, or even bumping into a certain somebody (friend or foe) on your lunch break or after work? 

Getting ready for work shouldn't be a chore, I have in the past shared some tips on quick hair first thing in the morning. Now I will share my everyday work make-up products. I usually aim to get ready for work in the space of 15 minutes and these are the products I use: 

Everyday Basics

Products l-r: Thick and Fast Mascara, Sigma kabuki brush,
Bobbi Brown BB Cream, Face Form palette, Studio Fix.
Base: My everyday base is Bobbi Brown's BB Cream (£29) in medium. I personally like to keep my base light, to try and maintain my skin so it doesn't feel full and heavy throughout the day. I love this BB Cream as it gives me the coverage I need for a day to day look and feels light on my skin.  Although it isn't the cheapest product, I love it and it is also SPF 35 so a great skin protector. To 'top up' my coverage and finish I use Mac's Studio Fix Powder Plus (£21.50) in NC42. I buff this into my skin using Sigma's Round Kabuki F82 (£18.95) brush.  

Contour & Blush: A quick and easy contour can be done, and I do mine using the Sleek Face Form (£10) palette, this is also perfect to add to your handbag and using the highlighter for that after work drinks or unplanned dinner. 

Mascara: I was given Soap & Glory Thick and Fast (£10) mascara by a work colleague as it didn't suit her, I now live by this on a day to day basis. I'm not saying this particular one will work for everyone, but a good mascara should be essential for every girls work look. 

Brows: Groomed brows are essential everyday, but its also important not to look 'overdone' for an everyday look. I usually use Anastasia Dipbrow for evenings and weekend but for a simpler look the Brow Wiz (£15.50) is the most perfect pencil to achieve this look. 

Lips: This is the most essential part of any overall make up and can change a look completely. Recently i have been experimenting with lip glosses and crayons with good staying power for my work day. The top three I have tried are: 

Products top- bottom:
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 203 complex
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 205 Elusive
Rimmel Provacalips in 200 I'll Call You
Rimmel Provcalips in 730 Make Your Move 
- NYX Matte Lip Cream (£7.50)
These will always remain my favourite, so many shades and so much staying power, it lasts the day with very little top up needed. 

These are my new addition, and I love the finish and feel of these, they do need some top up but the finish is amazing and I love my two work appropriate shades which are 

I bought two colours in this lip cream, and although they stay put all day the shades aren't ones for me. I think lighter and more porcelain skin tones would be more suited to this range. 


Handbag Essentials 

As well as the daily essentials, you need a few things in your bag for that impromptu dinner or after work drinks. As you can see above I keep eye make up minimal, so one of my handbag essentials is Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner (£18) in black ink and a flat brush (I use Eco Tools, which came as a set from Boots). A winged liner is always perfect for any occasion. 

The second essential is bright lippy , Mac do my favourite brights and my three go-to handbag shades (all £15.50) are : 

Vegas Volt (creamy light coral)
Chatterbox  (creamy pink)
Lady Danger (matte red) 

As I use light coverage daily I also like to keep a Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (£29) in my bag, it's easy to carry and can be used to build up coverage for the evening. I also carry my studio fix and face form palette for touch ups. 


There you have it girls a few simple products in the morning, and the handbag essentials will take you from the office to date night or drinks with the girls so don't forget to pack them!
What are your work wardrobe make-up essentials? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment