Wednesday 10 December 2014

Koko's Christmas Giftlist

Happy Wednesday Folks, 

Its the time of year where the last minute panic of Christmas presents takes place (especially for the males) so I decided to put together a suggested gift list for all the lovely ladies who love make up and beauty. Boys I hope your reading... I have saved you hours of time and effort! 

I have broken down my top picks into categories to fit every girls taste and every gift givers budget.

Something Special (£50-£200)

For that special person, the sister who always goes the extra mile  for you, the girlfriend you want to spoil, or just to say thanks to your mum for everything she does.  


Source:
http://www.ghdhair.com/hair-straighteners/
ghd-rose-gold-deluxe-set
GHD Rose Gold Deluxe Set 
£195.00

This was on my wish list this year, thanks to my lovely mum I was able to get it as a slightly early Christmas Present. This gift would make any girly girl ridiculously happy on Christmas day. 

GHD is the most well known hair appliance brand, and this range oozes beauty. It comes with both the GHD V hair straightener in rose gold; which straightens, curls and flicks hair and the the black and rose gold GHD Air hairdryer. I have tried this hairdryer before, the results are so amazing you will never want to go back to any old hairdryer, it reduces the time needed to straighten and smoothes hair like a dream. 


Source:
http://www.beautybay.com/accessories/
zoeva/rosegoldenbrushset/
£56.95

Not only are Zoeva brushes great quality for any make up fanatic, rose gold is SO in right now (can't you tell I just love the trend). The recipient will instantly fall in love with this, even if it was not on their list. This beautiful set includes the following brushes : 

106 Powder Brush
102 Silk Finish Brush
110 Face Shape Brush
127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush
142 Concealer Buffer
227 Soft Definer
231 Petite Crease Brush
317 Wing Liner Brush




Source:
http://www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/
the-bombshell-gift-box.html
£145.00 

For every females inner glamour girl this set is a must have, it is perfect for a festive season party look. 

Charlotte Tilbury is the queen of high end make up products and gets it right every time. Out of all the sets she has released, this one is my favourite because the products create a classic look. Every girl should master this trend to get heads turning on a night out. 





The set includes the following products: 

Colour Chameleon - Amber Haze (Eyeshadow Pencil) 
The Feline Flick - Panther (Eye Liner) 
Full Fat Lashes – Glossy Black (Mascara) 
Cheek to Chic – Sex On Fire (Blusher) 
Lip Cheat – Kiss ‘N’ Tell (Lip Liner) 
K.I.S.S.I.N.G – So Marilyn (Lipstick) 
Lip Lustre – Red Vixen (Lip Gloss) 
Complimentary Make Up Bag & Gift Box



Source:
http://www.selfridges.com/en/yves-saint-laurent-limited-

edition-la-laque-nail-varnish-24-
piece-collection_456-84033258-TGB23159/

YSL La Laque Collections

These nail colour sets are exclusive to Selfridges, I have found myself gazing at them in absolute awe. Then again my justification for spending £405.00 on nail products is limited, however the La laque nail varnish trio is a lovely and more affordable treat and a great gift for a girl who loves to have her nails done. 

£405.00 

24 shades to compliment any girls wardrobe all year around.

Source: http://www.selfridges.com/en/
yves-saint-laurent-la-laque-nail-varnish-trio
_456-84033258-TGB23160/


La Laque Nail Varnish Trio
£55.00 

The set includes three festive colours; white, glitter gold and reflective bronze in the following shades:

Blanc Symbolist
Bronze Aztec 
Feuille D'Or






Just Because... (£50-£70)
These are great smaller gift ideas or to add as part of a bigger gift. 

Source:
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/

product/2325/
32022/Makeup/
Cheeks/Shimmer-Brick/
Shimmer-Brick-Compact--Copper-Diamond/
FH14/index.tmpl#i.1ar0my2wc3dywy

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick
£35.00 

If you know the Bobbi Brown collections well you will know the shimmer brick is one of the most amazing and essential additions to any girls make up bag, so what better over the festive season than this new copper diamond shimmer brick?  This is a great highlighting product, and Bobbi's shimmer bricks are always a people pleaser, you just can't go wrong! 

£45.00 
This is a great gift for any girl; whether she likes subtle and natural every day make up, or is just a make up junkie. The most amazing part of this unique palette is that it actually smells like chocolate- make up AND chocolate you say? What more could a girl want?!

I am aware Too Faced is releasing its new Semi Sweet Chocolate palette on the 15th December, however I am not sure if this launch will be exclusive to Sephora, or also be available within the UK. 



Source:
http://www.theperfumebaseline.com/
female-perfume/black-orchid-tom-ford/
Price begins at £46.50 for 30ml

I first came across this amazing fragrance from my manager, once she shared the secret with me I HAD to try it at the airport on my way back from holiday. Although it doesn't come cheap, I will guarantee the scent of this is worth every penny spent. 

The scent is a combination of luxury florals and fruits, and is so beautifully distinctive it will get people talking as you walk past. 








Stocking Fillers and Secret Santa (£15-£40)

Beauty essentials any girl would love to receive...
Source:
http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/
anastasia-beverly-hills-dipbrow-pomade.html


£15.00 

This is the revolution in eyebrow products. Since I have got my hands on this I will never turn back, and neither will any blogger you come across. This is the best eyebrow product on the market, no matter what your eyebrow shape or shade. 



Source:
http://www.beautyblender.co.uk/
product/beautyblender_classic/


£16.00 

I shamefully only just received my first beauty blender, and all I can say is I can't believe it took me this long. 

The beauty blender is a sponge like tool which blends foundation and concealer effortlessly for a flawless finish. 
If you girls don't have one of these in your make up bag, please send a hint to get one for Christmas- I promise you won't regret it! 





Source:
http://www.selfridges.com/
en/tom-ford-lip-color_450-3001058-LIPCOLOR/
£37.00 

There has been a big trend on Tom Ford lipsticks, I did not quite understand it until I tried one for myself. Oh gosh, I want them all! 

These are slightly on the expensive side for a lippie, but make amazing gifts to treat someone special. I recommend a shade which can be worn both day and night to get the most wear and money out of the product, I opted for 'Casablanca.' 




Source: http://www.boots.com/en/
Essie-Winter-Baby-Its-Cold-Outside-Quad-Box_1636143/
£24.99 

I love loVE LOVE Essie nail varnishes. Anyone who knows me well knows my obsession for nail colour. These polishes are great value for the price they come at and are available in a massive variety of colours. I find they stay on well with a good top coat (I use Seche Vite). 





Each season a gift set is available, this winter the set includes: 

Mademoiselle : the most classic grown up pink 
Chinchilly: sleek granite grey
Toggle to the top : sparkling crushed garnet red
Belugaria : highly textured matte black




So those are my top recommendations guys and girls... 

Are you are struggling with beauty related gift ideas?

I am always here to help and give me opinions so leave a message and I will try my best to advise you, in the mean time happy holidays... 


K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment