Saturday 16 August 2014

Grow Baby Grow!


Hey All, 

Its been a while since my last blog post, as I browsed Amazon this morning I was reminded to write a post about my newest miracle routine. Some of you may have read the post some time ago about my hair growth journey. Since Spring especially I have noticed a huge difference, and I wanted to share my progress. 

July 2014
January 2014
It has taken some commitment but my routine now consists of: 

  • Not straighening my hair for work
  • Limiting the use of hair tools on weekends unless necessary
  • Massaging Hair Stimulant Oil (from Amazon) in my hair once a week
  • Massaging Coconut Oil in my hair once a week
  • Washing my hair with Mane and Tail Shampoo and a deep 1 minute conditioner twice a week

I have followed this routine RELIGIOUSLY, and I have to say the rate at which my hair is growing is beyond amazing. I have always relied on my hair extensions for both volume and length, and my hair is now the same length as them... bye bye extensions! The fullness of my hair is also unbelievable, it looks so full and healthy after years of my hair falling out and being so limp. 

I have only had two trims between May 2014 and this year, and sorry but I personally don’t believe in the “trim every 6 weeks” rule, I have followed it for years and my hair has never changed in its length or form. I believe if you keep damage to a limitation it is possible to get away with not having a trim, and to be fair I am not one of those who is bothered by a few split ends. 

So lets look into the details behind some of my “miracle” products. 


I first purchased this in April, it smells great and I have used many oils in my time but I really felt this one has worked the best. It is reasonably priced (around £5 on amazon) and a little goes a long way. I used this once a week and massage it into my scalp especially, and also the ends of my hair. I leave it in overnight (or longer if I am not out on a weekend) and wash it out the next day. It also washes out really easily which I have found not all oils do. I wash my hair twice a week, so I alternate this oil with Coconut once a week. 


I have read SO many reviews on this stuff that I felt like I HAD to try it at least. I will never look back. As weird as it is that this product can be used on horses, this is the holy grail solution to healthy hair growth. I could not believe how thick and long my hair has become since I began to use this. My hair feels and looks healthier, even without using any further styling products after. The shampoo is a slightly odd texture, but neither the shampoo or conditioner smell bad- which is fine. It is worth it once hair is dry, I also like to follow up with my new favourite deep conditioner... 



Garnier Ultimate Blends 1 Minute Conditioner

In the past I mentioned the L’oreal 1 minute conditioner, I saw this one on offer and thought it was worth a try. It contains coconut oil and is great for damaged hair. I put this in and rinse out with cold water, and even when my hair is wet the tangles are minimal. I love this conditioner and it really tames my hair from any frizz when I allow it to dry naturally or with a hair dryer. 



So now I don’t straighten my hair for work, how do I make myself look socially acceptable and not homeless with my untamed hair?
These Umberto Giannini curling products work WONDERS...

I use the Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly the day I have washed my hair in the morning. I am lucky enough to have a 30 minute drive to work, so by the time I get in, my hair is nice and dry. For those of you who aren't as fortunate, I suggest washing your hair the night before and using this, however allowing it to dry naturally is the trick for me. Only a small amount (the size of a 2p is sufficient) is needed otherwise hair feels a little on the crunchy side. The next day my curls are usually still tamed, but at times I use the Natural Curls Styling Spray which can be used on dry hair. 

This allows me to look a little presentable at least, and try and keep the damage in my hair through heated tools at a minimum. 

So there it is guys, after about 4 years of looking for a miracle, I feel like I have found the solution for me... have a try and let me know how you get along. 


K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 



1 comment:

  1. Growing your hair out can be a true waiting game and I know this first hand from many of my close friends and relatives. I think it is also important to see a hair stylist regularly so that they can cut your hair and keep it as trimmed as possible. This will prevent split ends from ruining your hair style.

    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company

    ReplyDelete