Sunday 24 November 2013

What's Behind the Glamour?

Hey Guys, 


I have been very busy this week working on a number of exciting projects. On Thursday I gave mini make overs at the Bloggers Love event at The Penthouse to promote luxury jewellery brand Adourable. This event allowed me to network with a range of bloggers, fashionistas, and other like minded beauty addicts. All of the people I met were lovely, including X Factor group Miss Dynamix. I was lucky enough to do make up on SeSe, and all the girls in the group were as down to earth and bubbly in person as on X Factor. 




My model for the day-
Stella, amazing girl inside and out
Photography and editing by:
Rosie-Anne Footitt


Later on in the week I worked as a backstage dresser for fashion shows at a wedding exhibition. This for me was a whole different ball game. The outfits were glamourous, the models were beautiful and all of the backstage team worked together really well to make the show as much of a hit as we could. 

This is where the reality sunk in, the hard work behind a glamourous industry which I have never seen before. There are many different types of personality, but the biggest shock I got was that of high profile workers who talked down to others. My day to day profession involves working to help others, and the whole team including directors and executives have always worked together to achieve this. 





Male Models: Not just a pretty face
Photography and editing by:
Rosie-Anne Footitt
I met a varied range of personalities, it would be bias for me to range my whole experience on the selected few. I met some lovely stylists and dressers, who I hope to keep in contact with in future, it did not feel like I had known them for only a day. The models (some of which are very high profile) were lovely and friendly. I have to admit my perception of male models has always been quite negative, and the two working in the show mingled with all of the backstage team, helped us with some of the manual labour and changed my view on this completely, showing so much more than just a pretty face!  I met the lovely Sunita who represented Ekta Solanki, and represented the brand well with enough grace for me to want to shout about them from the rooftops. 

I did not get the same vibe from all of the representatives and organisers (who shall remain unnamed). I really feel sorry for those who feel the need to use their "status" in the industry to make newcomers feel unwelcome, or unnecessary. As opinionated as I am, I have always been taught to give others the same respect I would expect.

In short I think the day changed my one way perception on some areas, but also verified some of the instincts I have had. I learnt that it is extemely important to treat all individuals you are working with how you would like to be treated, especially in an industry where you will come across them in the future... 

It's part of the industry, but does that make it right? 
K xx 
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 





1 comment:

  1. It is a part of the industry... but you need to have tuff skin! It is very intense some time working in beauty and fashion.
    _Samelia www.samelia.com

    ReplyDelete