Saturday 25 January 2014

Straight To The Point

Hi Guys,


I know it’s been a while (again) but I have decided to only blog about items I feel are worth writing about, rather than posting for the sake of a “once a week” post. So this time I have come across something which has made me want to blog literally the next day.

About 10 years ago I got my first pair of GHD’s (still going strong- touch wood). Although they were a lot of money, they were the best around at the time. As technology has moved on many stylers released have caught up with GHD. To be honest I am disappointed that for their price tag they have not come up with anything new or exciting except a range of colours. For a much lower price other brands are coming up with something just as good, sometimes better. I have said it before but I will say it again- it’s not always the brand and you don’t always get what you pay for so do your research before splashing out.
The Remington Pearl Straighteners and Heat mat
£36 from Amazon
These are the Remington Pearl Straighteners. My cousin who lives abroad wanted some new straighteners;  she’s not very high maintenance and asked not to spend too much so I did some research and came across these. They arrived last week, and yesterday I tested them to see if they hold to their gleaming reviews.

The digital display and control settings panel
The Pearl comes with a heat mat which you can also store the straighteners in, the tool itself is a lovely pearl white design with a temperature control setting on the side.  They can go up to 235 degrees (if you are worried it won't be hot enough for your own hair). 

I washed and blow-dried my hair as normal and then used these. I was in a rush, but they heated up quickly with a bleep to let me know they are warm.
I am so used to my GHD’s that it felt slightly weird not to have to grip so tight (these pretty much glide through). I only had to go over my hair once and the results were great. Considering a day out and about in British weather my hair remained straight until evening.


The Results
Please note I never wear my hair dead straight,
I curve in the bottom. 
It is now the next day, I have slept on my hair, and it’s still straight. I rarely get these results even with my GHD’s or a salon blow dry. I have not even had to retouch my hair this morning, even after tying it up to go for a shower and taking it back down.
I am so amazed that I think I will invest in a pair myself; they seem great to take travelling as they adapt internationally and the price tag makes it worth the risk of anything happening to them. If something is to go wrong they also come with a 5 Year guarantee which is a bonus. I have not yet tried them to curl or in another country, but I may do a short follow up post after my holiday and let you all know how I get along with them.
As much as I Iove my GHD’s for been loyal to taming my hair through the years I think that innovation has moved on and in order to keep up they may need to come up with something new, or possibly lower their prices to meet with competitors. My next venture will be the Remington Pearl wand. 




Do you always get what you pay for, or are you paying for the brand? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment