Saturday 12 July 2014

Pucker Up!


Hey Guys, 

Those of you following my Facebook page, twitter or Instagram will know I recently went to the IMATS in London. It was obviously heaven on earth for me- the make up, and discounted prices, I will definitely be making another trip in store next year! The talking point at the IMATS was the huge queue going through the whole venue. But what were hundreds of make up enthusiasts queueing for? Was it worth the hour and a half wait...?

The queue was for NYX and in my opinion it was definitely worth the wait, the brand always does great products with a professional finish and this post will show you exactly what I mean.

I first discovered NYX least year at the pro beauty exhibition and I have been addicted ever since. My favourite brow palette was my first ever purchase, and I now double it up as a smokey eye shadow kit for an everyday look. At £9 (IMATS price- £13.50 online)it was a bargain. 

My new addition this time around are the lip creams. The finish and feel of these is better than anything similar that I have tried so far, both drugstore and high end make up brands. I bought four shades in two completely different finishes to test and I will definitely be adding to this.. 


The shades I bought are: 

Spice Xtreme Lip Cream (bright red- shine finish)
Candy Land Xtreme Lip Cream (baby pink- shine finish)
Buttery Nude Xtreme Lip Cream (peachy/nude- shine finish)
Milan Milan Soft Matte Lip Cream (baby pink- matte finish)

These ranged from about £3.50-£5.5-0 at IMATS and are available online for £5.50 (matte lip cream) and £7.50 (extreme lip cream). 




Top- Milan Milan
Middle- Spice
Bottom-Buttery Nude
My favourite is the nude, as I have found it difficult to find a nude which I feel suits me, this is perfect especially paired with NYX lipstick in Indian Pink (oh how well that fits!). My only regret is I didnt buy more shades in a matte finish, as at the time I was in a debate about whether I would like them. I actually love the Milan Milan I purchased in matte, and I think I will venture into more matte shades following on from my experience.

They feel really good and comfortable on my lips, and not sticky or drying which I find some super shiny or matte finishes can do. I can get away with wearing them for about 4-5 hours before needing to reapply which is amazing. 

All in all my favourite purchase of the day and I look forward to adding to my NYX collection, this really is a pro brand at a budget price! 






What are your favourite NYX products? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment