Saturday 27 June 2015

Roll Up, Roll Up!

Happy Sunny Sunday Girls, 

Today's short and sweet post is about another one of my Amazon research buys, the Babyliss Hot Rollers. After using them on a few clients this week, and myself a few weeks ago, I had to share how great they are with you all.

It seems rollers have become a bit of a trend, especially following on from celebs from reality tv shows using them. After seeing so many posts on social media it seemed nothing really could give more bounce and natural looking volume than rollers, so I wanted to do lots of research before investing in any. 

Although the 'sleep in' rollers were tempting for my lazy self, after watching countless Youtube videos, reading Amazon reviews, and googling like crazy, I decided to give Babyliss Thermo Ceramic Rollers a try. They were an absolute bargain (£30 on Amazon), what did I have to lose?!

I plug in the roller heater for about fifteen minutes before I use them, although I think the warm up time is actually only a few minutes. I section parts of hair into the rollers and leave them in for 20 minutes at a minimum, usually I can leave them in whilst doing my make-up in the meantime. The results are bouncy and effortless hair that looks like quite an expensive blow-dry. 

What's not to love? 

End result when used on blow-dried
hair
The set comes with all the necessary equipment including the rollers, heater and clips to hold the rollers in place. The different sized barrels are useful, and I tend to use the larger rollers on the top section of my hair, and use the smaller ones on the bottom layer for the best effect. For added styling I sometimes go over my curls with my Bombay Hair 25mm (from the 5 in 1 range) wand. 

Taking into consideration a blow dry can cost £30 if going to a hairdresser, this is a great at home alternative and also a great addition to any hair stylists kit. It is simple and easy to use and also effective for such a small price. 

I may do a video tutorial on how I use these tools if readers find it useful, so let me know if that's what you would like to see and I will give it a go. 





Do you have a go to styling tip that give you the celeb factor? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey a video would be really helpful if possible! xx

    ReplyDelete