Saturday 28 September 2013

Las Vegas Sephora Picks



Hi Guys,
Another break on the posts but I have finally had a chance to properly test some of my goodies, which I picked up on my trip to Las Vegas in the summer. All of the below products are from what has to be my fave cosmetics store; Sephora. I have to say a massive thank you to the assistant who helped me at the store and really guided me to pick up some good items.
I specifically asked if I could have a few “American favourites” as I wanted to try a wider range of products to my usual collection. 





Bite Lipstick in Coral- No more expensive than my normal Mac or Bobbi Brown favourites, and I LOVE the pigment, colour range and the texture. The colour staying power is incredible and it was totally worth the money I spent, I will definitely be reinvesting in a more varied range of colours from Bite. The shade I went for is named "Coral" although I find it is more of a fuscia pink than coral. 

Bite Lipstick- $24  (£15.80) 





Lashes with the use of Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara







Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara- I have always been lucky enough to be blessed with long curly lashes and therefore I admit I am slightly lazy on the mascara hunt. but OH MY this has to be the best mascara I have ever picked up. For me the results imitate a false lash look and really volumise and intensify my lashes. The only downfall was the mascara wasn’t available in a waterproof version, as I have really sensitive eyes which tend to water a lot. The massive plus side is this was one of my steals at $15 which works out to around £9.54- bargain! 

Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara- $15 (£9.54)











Kat Von D Palette in Poetica- I needed a new more colourful palette for my pro kit as I already own the Urban Decay Naked for my more neutral colours. The assistant in the store suggested the Kat Von D palettes. I did a colour swatch on my hand and found the intensity and pigments to be strong and easy to blend, just what I like. The palette is based on purple and orange tones, and has some pearl and glittery shadows included. I have used this on a few clients as well as myself and I love the results to vamp up a smokey eye. I love this palette as it includes varied shades rather than 8 shades in the same spectrum. 



Overall I love all of the above additions to both my personal collection and pro kit. I will surely be reordering online soon, or grabbing some on my next holiday to keep me going. I also wondered if any of you have been in a similar dilemma: 

Do you have any overseas favourites you would like to see in UK stores? 

Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others.  



No comments:

Post a Comment