Sunday 16 March 2014

Do Miracle Products Exist?



Bobbi Brown BB Cream 
£29  
Source: Bobbi Brown Website
Some of you may know from my previous posts that I am quite conscience of my skin following teenage acne, therefore I refuse to wear foundation on a daily basis. Until now the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturiser has been my daily choice of skin base, until I received a sample of the Bobbi Brown BB cream which I tested for a week and then decided to buy.  


I never did give in to the BB Cream phase, it all seemed like empty promises to me, and I have never come across a review that completely changed my perception of this. I still remain unconvinced that any BB Cream is the "miracle solution" but I have to say I have been quite pleased with the Bobbi Brown Product. 

I used the tester I received for a week in my day to day routine to see how it held up against my original skin routine. It can sometimes get anywhere between 10-14 hours within my day before I get a chance to remove my make up in the work week, at the end of the day my face is usually oily and my dry patches seem more obvious that usual. 




Apologies for the poor picture,
it was the only photo I could track where
I could show the use of the BB Cream
on my holiday. 






I noticed with the Bobbi Brown Bb Cream my face did not look oily at the end of the day, and my skin remained matte with maybe a slight shine at the most. The coverage is also good, I have red patches which are covered as well as evening my skin tone without looking like I am wearing anything.I don't like to feel like I am wearing much on my face during the week, so this product worked out great for me as it was light; the oil free part was a bonus! 



I decided to purchase the full size in time for my trip to India seeing as my tinted moisturiser was running low and following my recent laser treatment I was also in need of a high SPF product (this is SPF 35). This was the real test of the product, as I wanted to see if I would get the same level of result in 28 degrees and long days. 




Overall I found the product worked really well for about 6 hours in the day before needing a blot, or powder touch up. By the end of the day my skin was slightly greasy, but not anymore so than with my normal products, as well as some dry patches.  


I would recommend this product as a good day to day skin cover, however it is quite on the expensive side for a BB cream (£29) however it still works out cheaper than the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, so I would be willing to repurchase until I come across something that might be more suited to my skin. 


Have you ever come across a product which really is a "miracle" cure? 


Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment