Sunday 5 July 2015

In the Mood for Nude

Happy Sunday Girls, 

I hope you have all had a great week! 

Goodies bought from House of Sparkle
If you follow my Instagram page you know my recent obsession for nude nails, clothes, and more than anything lip colours! I have managed to find content in a great nude lip combo using Mac Soar liner teamed with Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick, but I have still not given up on finding a long lasting nude solution that will last all day, with minimal top up. 

Last summer I went for a NYX long lasting gloss, but this year is all about keeping it matte. I found a great retailer online who stocks NYX, Milano and LA Girl cosmetics (House of Sparklez). All of you who follow american youtube and make up artists will know these are hard to get hold on in England, so I took a browse. 


I wanted to buy EVERYTHING, obvious reasons permitting (finances|) I held back and went for a few essentials; one of these being the LA Splash Lip Couture Waterproof Liquid Lipstick (aaaand breathe) in Innocent Vixen. This cost me £11 from the House of Sparklez website, I paid £2.75 for shipping which was promised within 5 days, but came much quicker, plus points for customer service. 

When I first tried the gloss without anything under it, I wasn't sure I liked it. It washed me out and was quite dry. After some experimenting I have tried a few different ways to wear this particular nude; I firstly teamed it with my Soar liner which worked great. I also found a long lasting look (perfect for long days at work) by teaming with the Rimmel Provocalips Gloss (mentioned in my previous post here) in Make Your Move. The Provocalips shade is quite an earthy, and orange based nude but with the LA Splash on top followed by the Provocalips setting balm the lip colour is long lasting and doesn't feel drying. 

I found the colour of the gloss lasts all day, but sometimes a balm or vaseline is reccomended to stop any dryness. The colour is rich and pigmented and really is waterproof, smudge and budge proof as I have realised this week. I have worn it from the morning to work and then to the gym as well as on the weekend for meals out with my family.

Overall I have found my comfort zone with how to best use particular brand, however I personally still prefer the NYX matte creams as for the money and the feel of them they cannot be beaten. I  still love the range of colours for LA Splash and they are a great dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip range, so I will definitely consider buying more. 

End result- my new favourite long lasting nude 
Hair done using Babyliss Thero Ceremaic Rollers 


What is your favourite lip combo? 
K xx
Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment