Tuesday 17 November 2015

Make Every Day a Good Hair Day

Hi All,

As I am currently on bed rest for a few days I thought I would use the opportunity to blog on things I have not yet had the chance to. About a year ago you may remember I released a 'Koko's Beauty Giftlist' for Christmas, one of the items on the list was the Deluxe Rose Gold GHD set and today I will finally blogged my thoughts on it.

The set came with the new GHD rose gold styler, and also the GHD Air hairdryer with rose gold accents. I got the kit as a gift from my mum for Christmas as I have had my old straighteners for about 8 years. The kit cost £195 for both.

The look of both are nothing less than what I expect from a GHD product, they are classy, sleek and luxurious. Now in a past post I mentioned I would only purchase from a brand like GHD again if they were to make something new and innovative which is worth spending the money on. From the two products in the set, I have to admit I could live without the straighteners.

GHD are highly reputable for their standard of styling tools, I personally rarely have my hair poker straight and usually any straighteners will do the job. I purchased the first model of GHD which released 10 years ago and I still prefer the older model as I feel it has better heat settings for my styling needs and has a firmer grip on my hair. The new model of straighteners however are very smooth through my hair, and are great for curls and flicks which is what I use them for the most. They also feel less damaging to use, as the heating settings are lower.

The hairdyer is my favourite part of the set, and the one hairstyling tool I am not sure how I would now live without now. Not to sound exaggerated but I never thought a hairdyer would make such a difference to my hair styling routine. The GHD Air gives me a really sleek and quick salon pro finish if I use a round barrel brush. The technique takes a while to get used to, but I tend to blast dry my hair so its 75% dry and then go over it with a round barrel brush and the hairdryer to finish it off into a more sleek look.

If you are in a rush a bit of serum, a paddle brush and the hairier still do the trick. I have quite long hair which is becoming a pain to maintain, however the best part is the hair dyer makes my hair look presentable, without using too much effort. This tool really is for the lazy glam girl (me!) and I could not recommend it highly enough.

Pros of GHD Rose Gold Deluxe set
- Look is sleek and rose gold (who doesn't love rose gold?)
- Cheaper than buying both products separately (straighteners are usually £130 individually and hair dyer £99, so you save £34 when bought together)
- Great as a gift
- Worth it if your old styling set is in need of an upgrade
- Well known brand with a 2 year guarantee included

Cons of GHD Rose Gold Deluxe set
- Pricey for a straightener and hairdryer set
- Only worth it if in need of an upgrade of styling tools


Left- Natural hair
Top Right- Hair using GHD Air Hairdyer only
Bottom Right- Hair using both GHD Air and Straighteners
My overall conclusion is I could have done without the straighteners, although they are a good luxury item to have however I am happy I received the set as I would have never convinced myself to spend so much on a hair dyer.

If I were to make a recommendation to anyone it would be to invest in the hairdryer and you won't regret it! Unfortunately the rose gold editions were for a limited time and are no longer available, however the GHD Air can be bought solo for £99 here and there is a new white deluxe set also available for £195 here which would make a great Christmas gift.





Do you have a breakthrough hairstyling tool in your routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment