Sunday 25 October 2015

A Makeup Revolution

Hi Girls, 

Apologies for the gap in my posts its been one crazy wedding season, but now I will get down to business! 

How many of you spend countless amounts of money on products, which you may or may not end up using much? 

(slowly raises own hand) 

I am a massive make up hoarder, but one brand in particular has blown me away for both its quality and price. The brand I have recently become obsessed with is Revolution. I have seen a few reviews about the brand and the products were so cheap I thought, what's the harm in trying?  I have done the same thing for countless other brands, and usually the novelty wears off but this drugstore brand is here to stay in my favourites collection, it really is the queen of dupes for some amazing products.

Revolution is available both online and in Superdrug stores, I was first tempted by it in a Superdrug store, but the online store us just as efficient and easy to buy from (plus my Superdrug is always low on stock which shows how popular it is). I will run down some of my favourite products and when you see the prices you will all be as amazed as I am! 




Revolution Flawless Matte Palette

This was my first, and still my favourite Revolution purchase. The palette has 32 matte shades in earthy-neautral tones and is a must have addition to any girls make up essentials. The pigmentation and blending of these is as good as, if not better than, most luxury brands. The colours are ones you will use on a day to day basis for a basic look or a smokey eye. I have used this palette as much as my Naked 2, so it really is up there as one of my favourite purchases. £8 for 32 shadows… what's not to like?








Revolution Highlighter Palette

I purchased this as an addition for my own kit during my highlighter phase, but I loved it so much it's now a part of my professional kit. Countless times clients have commented on how amazing the highlighter is, and asked me where they can purchase it. Considering I have in the past spent so much money on expensive highlighters these remain my favourite and only costs £6 for all three. 

The palette has three shades; lilac peach and pearl all with a shimmer tone so there is a shade to compliment all skin tones. These are available as individual highlighters too, but as I use them for my pro kit the convenience of having 3 in 1 case was perfect for me.




Revolution Oil Control Make Up Fixing Spray

I live by Urban Decays all nighter fixing spray, but I have to say this is a close second and a much cheaper alternative at just £5. The spray can be applied after applying make up for a long lasting hold, perfect for long days, summer and holidays! This spray doesn't run, fixes make up well and gives a great long lasting finish. I bought it in "matte" but I think there is also one for a dewy finish. 




Revolution Blush Cleanser and Shampoo

These two have been a GOD SEND for me. I wash my brushes after every use ready for my next client so brush cleanser can be an expensive essential. I have used Mac's and although I love it, I get through it so quick I needed to find a cheaper alternative. 

I then came across both of these; the cleanser is great in between a deep clean and the shampoo really does clean my brushed thorougly for an amazingly almost new feel. You can really see the results right away with these, and the next day my brushes feel soft and back to their original tamed condition. 

The cleanser and shampoo are £5 each, and a great investment. If you are unsure which to get I would choose the brush shampoo as it is great for a one off clean. 

So those are my favourites but I can't fault the range as I have also used 'the one' concealer, the blush palette and also the lipsticks… the range keeps getting bigger and bigger and I am sure in future I will post about more of Revolution's products which I love. All products in this post are avilable on the Makeup Revolution website: http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com


Do you have any Revolution, or other branded dupe favourites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment