Friday 29 March 2013

Hair Growth- Is There A Miracle Cure?

Hi All,

I have decided to dedicate this weeks post to the on-going circle many of us go through; growing our hair. Many of us have taken the step of an impulsive bob or a trim which ended up becoming a 5 inches off the bottom, but what is the best way to grow out hair?

Truthfully, I wish I knew the answer. I have spent years searching for it, and in fairness I doubt my obsession for hair colour, straightening and tongs is helping the process. I have once again ended up with my last resort ; trusty hair extensions!

Having healthy hair is the number one priority when growing out hair. I have over the past year or so come across some products which I now rely on to saviour the state of my hair.





L'oreal Elvive Full Restore 60 Second Saviour Intense Conditioner


This is definitely my favourite conditioner, and it doesn't come with a designer price tag. I came across this a year ago whilst shopping for holiday toiletries. The shampoo and conditioner were on offer and I needed something cheap and cheerful to use for a week away. I ended up falling in love with this and have relied on it ever since. The conditioner itself is of a thick consistency, once applied for a minute it can be rinsed out. The smoothness can be felt even when the conditioner is being rinsed out and hair is still wet. When combing through there are no tangles and hair is manageable to style. I still can't believe how great hair can feel in the space of 60 seconds.  This is one hair product I really can't speak highly enough of.

Cost- between £2-£3.99 available at Boots, Superdrug ,Savers and online.






Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment


This is another shower based hair remedy. I have still not got around to using the whole range, but if the mask is anything to go by then I will need to invest in the shampoo and conditioner too. I have never real bought into the idea that the mask helps my hair grow, but I do believe it has improved the condition of my hair; giving it more strength and providing a better environment for healthy growth. The mask itself cost £8 for a tub, however I felt it didn't last very long even though I have only used small amounts twice a week. The mask itself is applied between shampoo and conditioning, it is massaged into your scalp for a few minutes and left on hair for 5-7 minutes (which does feel like a lifetime in the shower). I did instantly feel a change in the condition of my hair, even when wet and this is definitely a product I shall be investing in again.

Cost- £7.99 available at Boots






Pure Argon Oil


I know argon oil based products have recently hit shelves with a big response. I have been lucky enough to get hold of pure argon oil from the country of origin itself. I recently went on a family trip to Morrocco, and brought back lots of bottles of pure argon oil for the price of £3 a bottle (bargain). Although I still think I paid a fair amount post haggling, I have not seen any argon based products much cheaper in any stores or online in the UK. I have used this oil in two different ways; leaving it in on dry hair overnight and washing out and secondly post washing as a serum. Although I feel it has worked great both ways, when using as a serum I have learnt a small amount (a drop the size of a penny) is sufficient otherwise hair can look greasy. This has left my hair looking and feeling healthier even in the driest of conditions. Unfortunately I am unable to recommend any other argon based product, as the pure oil is all I have used.

Cost- £3, many argon based products available for £5+ in most beauty stores/salons.




I would love to hear any tips and go to's any readers have on specific products that have helped them grow out hair. After searching years for a solution I have not found anything which I felt has turned my mid length hair into rupunzel.

Is there a miracle cure for growing hair or is it all dependent on an individuals natural element? 

Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment