Monday 1 April 2013

A Quickfix for Skincare Insecurity


Hi All, 

I know I have been slacking on the blogposts, therefore I thought I would use my Easter weekend to catch up. I wanted to dedicate today's short and sweet blog to possibly the BEST foundation/concealer I have used to date. 

As mentioned in previous posts I have an ongoing battle with my skin. Although I have weeks where my skin will glow and I need little cover up, this has not been one of those weeks. With my graduation, and an uncomfortableness to reveal marks on my skin I searched high and low for good camouflage make up. 








I picked up two products, one Clinique’s Even Better concealer and the other  Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup. I bought the Clinique concealer based on online reviews, and I can’t help but say I was very disappointed. I love Clinique for their skin range, but I don’t think I will be in a rush to buy make up from this brand again based on this product. Considering a very small pot cost me £18, I found the concealer worked well to cover some minor blemishes but no better than my everyday concealer stick by Bobbi Brown. 











Disappointed with my first buy I asked friends for recommendations, and was told to try the  Estée Lauder Maximum Cover. Although it cost £27.50 for a small tube, I can really say this investment was well worth it. The product is marketed as a camouflage foundation, which means it’s great to cover more noticeable blemishes, marks and areas on both the face and body. Only a small amount is needed, therefore it is better applied like a concealer than foundation due to the thickness of consistency. 


As little as this amount of the foundation
was enough to cover half my face well. 
Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover £27.50





























It felt and looked flawless on my skin and I can ensure it will be what I first reach for on a bad skin day. Due to the thickness of the product I don’t think it is one I could personally use daily as I prefer light make up for every day purposes. 



Before and after the use of 

 

  Estée Lauder Double Wear without the use of any other powder or product on top


All in all this has been the best foundation I have come across for full coverage, and would recommend anyone to invest in buying regardless of it falling into a higher price range. My blemishes are one insecurity I fell will always lie with me, we all have our own insecurities whether it be inside or out. I ask my readers today: 


How do you tackle your beauty insecurities? 


Please feel free to post any skin care tips, products or comments you may have which could benefit others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment