Sunday 21 February 2016

Glossy Girl

Hey girls, 

As mentioned in my last post I did a massive Anastasia Beverly Hills haul on Black Friday so I am doing a series of posts to cover the products I bought. 

Today I am going to cover what I felt was the ultimate bargain buy from the lot, that is the Lustrous Lipgloss Set.


The set includes 8 of the ABH most popular gloss shades including (listed in order from left to right) : 


-Glided, a subtle metallic gold
-Danity, a pretty baby pink
-Sunset Strip, a coral/pink with added sparkle
-Socialette, a cherry red
-Weekend Barbie, fuscia with a hint of glitter
-Date Night, a sparkly pinky red
-Metallic Rose, a metallic purple/pink
-Black Cherry, a deep purple 





Swatches of the set, L-R:Glided, Danity, Sunset Strip, Socialette, Weekend Barbie, Date Night, Metallic Rose, Black Cherry
I personally found the lighter metallic and glittery shades, particularly Glided and Sunset Strip, were not as pigmented as the rest of the colours. I have been using these two colours on top of other lipsticks to make the most of the colour, but wouldn't really wear them alone. All of the other colours have great colour pay off. 

My favourite shades in the set are Danity and Black Cherry, however I also like the Metallic Rose as its such a different shade to any I have come across. 

I did not find the glosses super sticky, as I have found some glosses can be, however the glittery shades had a slight stick compared to the muted colours. Overall these glosses feel pleasant to wear and smell AMAZING, literally like sweets, an added bonus when wearing them. 

What I love about this set is that there is a gloss for every occasion, and the price is unbelievable for the value for money ($40 in the US, or £33 in the UK which works out as £4.13 per gloss- A-M-A-Z-E). I am not usually much of a gloss girl and tend to wear lipsticks more often however I give these glosses a massive thumbs up, they have won me over as preferred choice against the Mac lipglass, its just a shame we can't buy the individual ABH lip gloss shades in the UK. 

I also bought my first ABH matte liquid lipstick, which will be covered in a seperate post so stay tuned! 

Are you a lipstick or a gloss girl? 

1 comment: